Cannot download files/forms from websites

Discussion in 'Software' started by dbux, May 12, 2005.

1. dbux

dbux Private E-2

I can't download any files or forms etc. from webpages.It tells me it is downloading tempoary files and when done i hear a click sound and then nothing comes up. Other times i will get a box that says that i need to save the file and then it says that i need to show the path that it comes from.Do i need to go into internet options and change the security? If so how do i do it? We have trend micro/pop up stopper installed as well as norton. I think it mat affect this?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Which OS are you using?

You could just to test turn off your popup blocker, but do make sure you are on a reputable webpage for downloads. Does your Norton version also have a popup blocker?

not 100% sure what your getting at here, so could you either post a screenshot of that box?

Normally two ways to save files [1] the save popup box will have Open Save Cancel or [2] if you right click and Save As the box appears it asks you a location to save to, which you can choose any location to save to.. just make sure you remember it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds