Cannot Download Sygate Firewall Update

Discussion in 'Software' started by gorey_girl100, Nov 4, 2004.

1. gorey_girl100

gorey_girl100 Private E-2

Hi,
    I've learned that Sygate Firewall Personal SE has a new version. Each time I turn on my PC I get the message about the new version and do I want to update now. When I go on the upgrade/download page, I am directed to another page because I'm running Windows 98. Unfortunately, that page never finishes loading. I have hit the refresh button, tried it from other sites etc. and it's always the same problem.

It shows "loading ad-server" at the bottom. All that appears is an ad for another Sygate product. In addition, I cannot access the Sygate Forum for help but get this message:
    Warning: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111) in /var/www/html/vb/admin/db_mysql.php on line 34

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111) in /var/www/html/vb/admin/db_mysql.php on line 34

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
    Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.
    An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.
    Anyone else having this problem? I know how important it is to have an up-to-date firewall. Thanks!
    Sharon
    P.S. What a pain that they recommend uninstalling the current version. Have to re-configure all over again :(

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds