Cannot Find File On Control Panel

Discussion in 'Software' started by durkinjt, Feb 24, 2016.

1. durkinjt

durkinjt Corporal

I went to install AnyDown and would not open using Live Mail,(I have it on a disk) got the error message WLDLOG.DLL is missing or corrupt, Googled and Microsoft instruction's were to uninstall and re-install Windows Messenger in Windows Essentials, go on Control Panel and Iobit Uninstall and its not on either, but is in program files on C:/. How the heck do I uninstall this thing? T.I.A.

2. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

Hey durkinjt, I haven't used Iobit uninstaller because I use Revo, but as I understand it Iobit uninstaller has a Forced Uninstall option for programs that give trouble uninstalling. Try that and get back to us with the results.

3. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

The OP stated he couldn't find the file in Iobit or Programs and Features.

4. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Look under Programs and Features > View installed updates.

5. durkinjt

durkinjt Corporal

Thanks, not in there either.

6. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Would that be AnyDown or Live Mail?

7. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

Yea I know mdonah, but I use Revo Uninstaller Pro and under Forced Uninstall, and if I can't find a program all I do is type in the name of the program and it finds it for me. I was thinking that Iobit uninstall worked in that manner too.

8. _nullptr

_nullptr Major Geeky Geek Geek

All of the Windows Live program installations can be modified, installed or uninstalled via Programs and Features -> Windows Essentials 2011 or 2012.

9. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Open Control Panel and select Uninstall a Program. Select Windows Live Essentials and click Uninstall/Change. Select Remove one or more Windows Live Programs, then select Messenger. Click Uninstall to completely remove Windows Live Messenger from your computer.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds