Cannot find sound driver for Acer Aspire m1100

Discussion in 'Software' started by laetye, Nov 16, 2008.

1. laetye

laetye Private E-2

Hi, I'm using the desktop version Acer Aspire M1100, was too pissed with the Vista problem and decided to downgrade it into Windows XP. I cannot find the audio driver for my desktop model and the driver from the Acer support page wasn't working. Please help

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

According to the Acer web site, your tower uses Realtek HD audio, specifically the ALC888 chip, with an AMD chipset. First, download your chipset drivers from here (this includes the video driver and the southbridge chipset driver) and install the download. Reboot, then download KB888111 which is the HD UAA driver from Microsoft. It's for SP2 so if you have SP3, visit this link for details on how to 'trick' Windows into thinking you have SP2, then install KB888111. After installing KB888111, download your audio drivers from here and install them. Reboot when it completes. That should do it!! Let us know how it goes. For best results, uninstall your current sound driver FIRST.

[dlb]

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds