cannot find the recycler folder

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by yie03, Nov 29, 2007.

1. yie03

yie03 Private E-2

help on this guys,how can i find the recycler folder coz it is hiding and i want to delete it sometimes i see it while i was adding files to be burn on my nero but if i try to look for it i can't find it!why?i look what's inside those recylcer and threre r no virus just stuff i deleted from my pc

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

This from MS said it applies to NT4.
    Source: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/229041
    So by design you can't find it.

If you explore C:\ you will find the folder/directory and if you right click and select properties, you will see the size. Since I erase most things instead of deleting, my recycler is 85 bytes.
    Some one said they safely removed the contents of recycler by relocating it to another name folder then erasing that folder.
    You won't be able to delete the directory because it is part of the windows OS.

4. yie03

yie03 Private E-2

nothin i just want to and i saw some video that is big,but i'm confuse how can have recycler i am on fat32!

5. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

The filesystem doesnt determine whether you have this folder or not.

I guess the main question here is, what OS are you running?

6. padams

padams First Sergeant

Regardless of whether you have the recycler folder or not, you probably shouldn't set out on a mission to erase it. You might have some problems in the future if you do.

That's just my opinion though.

7. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

It rebuilds itself.

8. yie03

yie03 Private E-2

my os is windows xp sp2 i don't mean erase the folder but to delete the content

9. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

Do you have the recycle bin on your desktop?:confusedIf not try this:http://www.dougknox.com/
    Open Win XP Fixes>restores the desktop recycle bin icon,and click Download.

And download CCleaner,great app for delete un used and unnecessary files from your comp.

10. yie03

yie03 Private E-2

yes i do have my recycle bin icon on my deskstop,that is not my problem but the recycler folder that i always see if i try to look at my document when trying to burn a file using nero,i just want to delete or empty the folder coz what i see inside when i double click the folder r some of my video and movies.if i close nero and look again for the file on my document i can't find the recycler folder,that is my problem how to manually find the folder,

11. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

Then open Nero,find the folder and right click and choose properties.See if hidden is uncheck.Or why don't you find the folder and create shortcut on your desktop?

12. yie03

yie03 Private E-2

Hi,finally i was able to trace the folder called recycler and it's not a real recycler folder but a folder that was rename by a tool of mine called hide folder.finally i was able to figure out how and why,Thanks to goran for giving me advice to look into nero it seems that nero can still find it even if it's hidden at the my document,also thanks for the advice to all of you guys here at majorgeek the best forum for me

13. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

I'm glad that we can help you.If you have another problem,you know where you can find us.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds