Cannot Get Insignia Bluetooth Adapter To Work

Discussion in 'Software' started by mjollnir, Jan 1, 2017.

1. mjollnir

mjollnir Private E-2

Hi all,

I bought an Insignia 4.0 Bluetooth adapter/dongle for my desktop. I cannot get it to work. I have loaded, removed and reloaded drivers over and over. Strange thing is I used to have Bluetooth on this comp a while ago. I do have 2 - 2.0 usb ports, which is necessary. The Insignia site isn't any help, so I found a forum where people had the same problem. They said Win 7 is no longer supported by Insignia so there isn't a driver for Win 7. They found an old Lenovo driver and I found a HP driver. When I download and tried these, I get an error that a Bluetooth device is not detected. I am lost! Why can't I get it to work????

I am running Win 7 Ultimate - 64 bit, AMD 8450 Tri-core 2.10 with 4 Gig RAM. It's old, but it keeps trucking!!

2. mjollnir

mjollnir Private E-2

Nevermind. Found a solution. Just now trying to get all of the devices working.

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Since that is BestBuy's store brand, I'd go into the store and loudly complain if the device doesn't support Windows 7 because MS supports Windows 7 until January 2020. That is 3 more years of support.

I'd also let someone at the BestBuy help desk know that I'd be telling people not to buy Insignia devices in case Windows 7 isn't supported by the other hardware they sell.
    I'll bet someone from the Geek Squad will find Windows 7 drivers for the device.

I can understand if an old device doesn't have Windows 7 drivers but the fact that the device you purchased is Bluetooth 4, drivers should be available for Vista (support stop later this year), 7, 8. 8.1 and 10.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds