cannot install audio driver due to unverified publishers

Discussion in 'Software' started by jimjam666, Jul 23, 2012.

1. jimjam666

jimjam666 Private E-2

http://i50.tinypic.com/20jpzrn.png

i am experiencing an incredibly frustrating problem with the windows security message "windows cannot verify the publisher of this driver" while i am attempting to install drivers for my audio device. the error will prompt during installation of the drivers, upon which i would choose "install this driver software anyway" but it would reappear again in 30-40 seconds. i could not get it to stop without closing the program trying to install the drivers. they are realtek ac'97 drivers (file name: 6303_Vista_Win7_PG537, obtained through majorgeeks & the realtek website). i have tried disabling user account controls/driver signature notifications through various methods, including the following:

i disabled uac notifications to 'never notify' through control panel > user accounts > change user account control settings

i disabled uac notifications through gpedit.msc (computer configuration > windows settings > security settings > local policies > security options)

i disabled driver installation notifications through gpedit.msc. code signing for device drivers was set to enabled, then in the options menu in the same window, "when windows detects a driver file without a digital signature:" it was set to ignore (user configuration > administrative templates > system > driver installation)

i disabled notifications through command prompt using the following:
    bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
    bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON

afterwards i ran command prompt as an administrator using the following:
    bcdedit /set testsigning no

does anyone have any suggestions for me? haha
    i would really, really appreciate any sort of help! :)

again, here is an image of the error & what i changed in gpedit.msc under computer configuration:
    http://i50.tinypic.com/20jpzrn.png

COMPUTER SPECS...........

<snip>

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2012
  2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi and welcome to MGs.:)

We do not allow inline logs on our forums as they completely mess up the search function. If you would like to attach your log, please follow these instructions: http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=86880

Also, if your post goes into moderation, please do not post again. A moderator will approve it when they see it. Thanks:)

3. jimjam666

jimjam666 Private E-2

alright, thank you :) sorry about that!

attaching specs in this post.

Attached Files:

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

With your hardware not being 100% compatible with Windows 7 x64 and likeyhood of prefect drivers being available easily, I would as I have seen it a number of times, try the driver you have for audio from Realtek and just keep clicking "install this driver anyway" may need to do this close to 20-30 times as what is happening is that Windows is checking all the various .inf files for the various chip versions this driver covers, so will give you this message at each .inf it finds.

Worth a try, but have you installed your motherboards Chipset first of all yet? if not do so as to correctly ID Audio and other hardware this needs to be installed and PC rebooted, then the other drivers installed.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds