Cannot Install Nero 9

Discussion in 'Software' started by beezneez, Mar 21, 2017.

1. beezneez

beezneez Corporal

I have a new PC running Windows 10 64 bit Home edition and am trying to install an old (paid) version of Nero 9. I was able to install the program already using the Nero Disc but as it would not do what I wanted I uninstalled it completely and tried the download from the Nero Website. This installation stalls three quarters of the way through so I went back to the Disc and now it also won't install. I only use one part, Nero Express, which burns my Audible books. I can use iTunes but it is not as good. How can a program install from the CD one day but not the next?

2. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

First of all you need to search your system for traces of Nero that may remain - in program files and program files(x86), program data and application data under all user names and 'default' since, unless you used a 3rd party uninstaller in their advanced modes, such as Revo Uninstaller, IoBit Uninstaller, Ashampoo uninstaller, traces will remain. After deleting them if found you should restart the system, and then run CCleaner > Cleaner and CCleaner > Registry to fix all issues.
    Then you can try an install again but it depends which Nero product you try as looking on their site there are many.

3. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

4. beezneez

beezneez Corporal

Hi, thanks for your replies, problem has gone away without doing anything. Just one of the little mysteries of life in computer land. However although I have now been able to install the old Nero 9 it is useless as Audible will not allow me to activate on a new computer. Luckily I kept the old PC so will have to use that for the purpose. By the way, only iTunes is able to burn Audible files.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds