Cannot install printer on network computers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Coayuco, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Coayuco

Coayuco Private E-2

I have a HP Laserjet p2015d connected to a computer running Windows 7, 64 bit. I have 3 other computers on the network, 2 running XP and one running Vista. When I try the HP install program on the other computers it cannot find the printer on the network. If I try installing the printer through Windows 'add a printer', it sees the printer but tells me that the wrong driver is installed. It shows an asterisk where the driver name should be and tells me the driver name is unknown. I have the latest drivers from HP: universal print driver package PCL6. Neither HP's nor Windows support sites have been of any help.

When the same printer was attached to a machine running XP there was no problem. The same problem occurs if I connect the printer to the Vista machine.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds