Cannot load bttrez.dll

Discussion in 'Software' started by hei, Mar 14, 2006.

1. hei

hei Private E-2

Hello
    I've got a problem when starting eg "Control panel" in Windows XP home edt, and MS Word...it then comes a small info box at the center of the screen stating that "Cannot load btrez.dll"....and only one option to respond, and that is an "OK"-button. When hitting this button I get the same info box twice more before the disired programme starts running OK.
    Any help in getting this problem sorted out?
    I'm running Word 2000.

I've downloaded and installed aida32pe as mentioned in your "Read this before asking for help".
    Not sure what you want to be posted here....

2. Yargwel

Yargwel MajorGeek

As far as I can tell that file is related to bluetooth. So if you use Bluetooth devices then I suggest you update those drivers. If you don't then disable them entirely.

3. hei

hei Private E-2

I deleted the Bluetooth programme which I had on my laptop, and everything works very nice now. I had this external bluetooth device which I could connect thru my USB. Rarly used it so no problem for me to delete it.

Than you :)

4. whicky1978

whicky1978 Staff Sergeant

By updating your drivers, you need to go to your computers website (Dell, IBM, Compaq) and update the drivers.

If you google "Cannot load btrez.dll" you will find threads on 2 other forums with the same topic.

5. hei

hei Private E-2

I got a Dell laptop. I've been e-mailing Dell support for some time now...without getting any useful help at all. They want me to reinstall XP, or use the recovery counsel, but this is far to advanced for me. I'm just happy getting rid of this error message. Not sure how to get a new drive, but when Dell support didn't manage to get me the correct drivers I guess I want either. I have no idea what I need.
    I suggested them to send me the right programme, drivers or whatever to my e-mail..or link for me to use...but they wouldnt'. So much for Dell support. Actually never got as much help for my problem as what I got here in this thread.:)
    Do I need this drivers since everything seem to work now? Except Bluetooth that is.

6. whicky1978

So your Dell computer does have bluetooth? But it is not working? Maybe I can help you find the drivers or updates for the bluetooth function.

7. whicky1978

8. hei

hei Private E-2

No my Dell computer hasn't any installed Bluetooth...it didn't come with this. I never knew what it was when I order the laptop two years ago...now I know..hehe. I regret not ordering a preinstalled bluetooth from Dell, so instead I got to a store a bought a external bluetooth which connect to the laptop via an USB port. It was this bluetooth-programme I deleted, and no the laptop runs OK. But I have no bluetooth installed anymore. Dell support never suggested that the cause of the problem could be me bluetooth, which by the way was the first tip I got here at Majorgeeks just minutes after posting my problem.

9. whicky1978

10. hei

hei Private E-2

Ohh...sorry, but failed to tell you that my external bluetooth is not an Dell bluetooth, but bought at a electronic shop in Norway. It has nothing to do with Dell.
    Or am I thinking wrong?

11. whicky1978

Well, I don't think it would hurt to install the driver. It might get rid of the bttrez.dll issue. Your problem may have nothing to do with bluetooth though.

I would go ahead and try updating all your drivers for your motherboard and other computer hardware.

12. hei

hei Private E-2

OK - then I misunderstood. I haven't seen any btrez.dll problem after uninstalling the bluetooth programme. Ive had th laptop almost 2 years and never updated any drivers from Dell. Never heard about this before now. However I have updated my Windows and Norton firewall/antivirus regulary (automatically).

Would you recommend me to download the drivers from Dell or something else? Not sure what I need to download.

13. whicky1978

Ok, so if I understand correctly, you currently have no problems with your PC? You've unistalled the program, but you can't use your external bluetooth?

All computers have software/drivers installed besides the OS (operating system). For example you have a thing called a bios which runs your motherboard (I think). Most of the time you don't need to know what drivers do what. There is usually a user friendly software that you can download from the computer's company. The software will search your computer and give you a list of things to check for downloading. Just download, install the stuff, and then restart your PC. By having the most update drivers, you can prevent future technical issues.

This is the link that will get you started. If you give me the information I can help you find it. Sometimes you have to do some searching.
    http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/index.aspx?c=us&l=en&cs=&s=gen

14. whicky1978

Click the link "Find my service tag" and/or select the exact type of computer you have.

15. hei

hei Private E-2

Yes did so on my own..without instructions here...hehe...not bad :=)

I've now started to download this:

"Dell Notebook System Software
    Utility

Versjonstittel: System Utilities: Dell Notebook System Software, Utility, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Multi Language, Multi System, v.3.11.0, A18
    Versjonsdato: 06-11-2005
    Beskrivelse: Notebook System Software (NSS) is a utility that provides critical updates and patches for your operating system. Install the NSS program to gain support for Dell 3.5-inch USB floppy drives, Intel Pentium-M processors, CD-ROM/CD-RW/DVD drives, Infrared (IR) communications, and USB devices. NSS is necessary for correct operation of your Dell portable computer, including the Dell D/Bay, D/Dock, D/Port, and D/View family of docking devices. NSS automatically detects your computer and operating system and installs the updates appropriate for your configuration. "

Does that loook OK?

16. whicky1978

Yeah, that looks like exactly what I was thinking of. I have a Dell Axim handeld that I might update.

17. hei

hei Private E-2

OK I'm just finished downloading it now...I'll start installing it. Never knew Dell also had upgrades/updates. Thanks a lot for the tips. Just hoping it installs OK then...
    I got an Inspiron 510m

18. hei

hei Private E-2

Installed just fine - so far everything looks OK.

19. whicky1978

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds