Cannot open attachments in hotmail with ie

Discussion in 'Software' started by Tipan, May 18, 2004.

1. Tipan

Tipan Private E-2

Just lately I have been unable to open any attachments with ie or avant browsers in my hotmail account but have no such problem with the same attachments in my OE account with either browser.
    Can someone please help
    OP Win XP
    thanks

2. Rataplan

Rataplan Private E-2

is it possible to open them on the hotmail.com page?

maybe it's infected with something and hotmail won't let it pass? (which i doubt)

3. Tipan

Tipan Private E-2

Rataplan, thanks
    when I attempt to download the attachments I get the Message "Browse to download not responding"
    Taipan

4. Rataplan

Rataplan Private E-2

it sounds like the problem occurs on the hotmail page, not your account ?
    maybe a click on the refresh button might do the trick..

are you on dial-up or broadband?

5. Tipan

Tipan Private E-2

Broardband.
    Refresh does not solve the problem

6. Rataplan

Rataplan Private E-2

i'm with my back against a wall here :s

temporary solution might be to send those e-mails to you home account and read 'm with your OE?
    .. but i can't solve you hotmail problem, sorry man

7. Tipan

Tipan Private E-2

Thats what I am doing.
    Thank you for trying, much appreciated

8. jujet84

jujet84 Master Sergeant

It sounds like a cookie being blocked, chk your security settings. :) :cool:

9. Maxwell

Maxwell Folgers

You don't actually need to send your hotmail e-mails to your home account in OE. You can create an HTTP server e-mail account to access yout hotmail e-mail directly. See here - http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;220852

I know that Outlook Express has an option under security to prevent the attachment from being display with the e-mail, perhaps web Hotmail has something similar.

Other possibilities are Firewall, Anti-spam and Browser settings but see if you can configure Outlook Express first.

10. Tipan

Tipan Private E-2

Thanks all who responded to my problem,
    I have tried all that has been suggested plus some more, but problem still exists.
    I can live with it by just opening attachments in oe, no problem.
    thanks again
    Taipan

11. Tipan

Tipan Private E-2

Would like to advise all who tried to solve my problem.
    I noticed that when I tried to open the attachment in hotmail this opened "leech get" my download programme, and it was this programme that was not responding.
    On tthe other hand when opening attachment in OE this programme was not used to open the attachment and I had no problem in opening the attachment

I deleted "Leech get" and WHALA , No problem!
    Thanks all
    Tipan

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds