"Cannot open this file" error message

Discussion in 'Software' started by frybo30, Nov 26, 2007.

1. frybo30

frybo30 Master Sergeant

I received an e-mail message on Outlook Express with an attachment. When I tried to open it, I got this message: "This file does not have a program associated with opening it. Create an association in the Folder Options control panel." There’s an OK box to click. The Mail Attachment box that asks "Do you want to open this file?" says the type of file is: GZXPPicViewer.jpg. I went to Folder Options, but I don't understand anything there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Try this:

1. Save the file to disk
    2. Open Windows explorer, and navigate to this file
    3. Right-click the file, and select Open With --> Choose Program
    4. From the list, choose the program you wish to view with (Windows default should be 'Windows Picture And Fax Viewer'
    5. Check the box next to 'Always Use The Selected Program To Open This Type Of File'
    6. Press 'OK'

Now, Windows will always open this type of file with the program you've selected, unless you tell it otherwise.

3. frybo30

frybo30 Master Sergeant

Thanks, Mada Milty. It worked just as you said it should. By the way, what is "the 2nd Law Of Thermodynamics?"

4. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds