Cannot Play WMA Downloaded Audio Books

Discussion in 'Software' started by ChickC, Nov 12, 2009.

1. ChickC

ChickC Private E-2

Before upgrading to Windows7 x64 Media Player 12 I could download WMA audio books from the library. The first time I would play the file a window would open where I could sign into the library and the license would be applied and I could play the book for 30 days. On older versions of Media Player a security update had to be downloaded to make everything work, but I cannot find anything about Media Player 12.

Now Media player says File changing and than I get a message that Media Player has encounted an unexpected problem and will be closed. All other files play without a problem. This problem is 100% reproducibly with any audio book.

I ran SFC /scannow which found no problems. I also went to Control Panel/ Programs And Features/ Turn Windows Features on and Off and stopped Media Player, rebooted, restated Media Player which reinstalled Media Player, rebooted and tried again to play anaudio book without success.

WMA files play fine - The problem occurs only with Audio Books requiring a license to play. The library tech suggested that the problem could be that my DRM folder is corrupted but has no idea where to find it in Windows7. I have enabled search to look for hidden folders and have made them viewable but cannot locate the folder.

Again in older versions audio books required a security update to thr Media Player to enable you to download the license needed to play the book in WMA format. The first time you played a book requiring a license a window would open where you would sign into the site and the lice would download to the Media Player. Is there such a security update for Media 12 under Wimdows7 x64 or/and are there setting that I have to change or enable?

Thanks,
    Chick

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds