Cannot read or burn data cds!

Discussion in 'Software' started by misslaura1987, Jan 1, 2009.

1. misslaura1987

misslaura1987 Private E-2

Okay, I just reformatted my computer and went to put in an old backup disc I had because I forgot to backup my fonts onto my external hard drive...anyway my CD drive AND my CDRW drive both cannot read the data disc. I also tried opening other data discs each different brands some which I had been able to open previously and they did not work either. I'm not sure if the drives stopped reading data CDs before or after the reformat but I DO know that I could not BURN data CDs BEFORE and after reformatting and WAS able to in the past. I reinstalled all software that came with my computer so I don't understand what the problem could be...could windows updates have messed it up? :(

2. Vikingman4456

Vikingman4456 Private First Class

You could see if they might be disabled by checking in device manager/hardware/ and then check properties. From there you can update or roll back the driver. Worth a look and try for you anyways! If it don't work let us know.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds