Cannot remove registry entries left by photoshop

Discussion in 'Software' started by Banacek, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Banacek

Banacek Private E-2

I recently tried both Photoshop CS2 and Elements 4.0 from the adobe site on a 30 day trial each. After the trial period I have uninstalled both programs but I am left with registry entries that I cannot delete. I have attached a txt file of the entries concerned when I go to the registry to try and delete them I get an error message saying cannot edit. Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Banacek :confused:

Attached Files:

2. BrokenArrows

BrokenArrows Sergeant

Strange. Ive never had the registry tell me i could not delete something.

Are you using Windows Registry Repair SE to edit the registry or are you using regedit

3. Franklin

Franklin Corporal

XP pro.

Have you tried right clicking an entry,select permissions and allow full control.

Or you could run Amust reg cleaner with all programs shutdown,even explorer.Only tried Amust yesterday and it found heaps more than my other cleaner.

Of course,make a backup first.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/AMUST_Registry_Cleaner_d4769.html

4. Banacek

Banacek Private E-2

I've tried using Windows Registry Repair SE and also maually finding the item myself in regedit and trying to delete. No joy either way.

Banacek:confused:

5. Banacek

Banacek Private E-2

I had forgotten all about changing permissions before editing. Once I went into regedit again and changed the permissions it allowed me to do the editing that I wanted. Thanks to everyone for the help & advice.

Banacek :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds