Cannot search for updates Windows 7 after malware issue

Discussion in 'Software' started by SgtSpeedy, Mar 17, 2012.

1. SgtSpeedy

SgtSpeedy Private E-2

Hello everyone,

After a malware infection, my Windows 7 tries to search for updates, but can't.
    Every time I get the error code 8024402C.

I ran Fix WU and Windows Repair from this forum, but that didn't solve the problem.

Does anyone have an idea on how to resolve this issue?

thanks in advance!

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi have you fun the following HERE

If you have and still have the same issue then malware may still be on your PC as its sneeky and while many all in one security apps may remove most some malware is generally left so best to run the below and if you are given the all clear then post back here and we can try other routes.

But best to be malware free first

3. SgtSpeedy

SgtSpeedy Private E-2

Dear David,

Thank you. The updated were 'managed by a system administrator', and I needed to manually search for updates online. Which is weird because I never had that problem.

This problem is normally resolved, because now I can see the updates. I want to thank you for your reply!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds