cannot send or forward EMAIL in OE6

Discussion in 'Software' started by Boogerman5, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Boogerman5

Boogerman5 Private E-2

I can receive mail fine, but I cannot create or send mail and I cannot forward email. The systems closes OE and wants to send an error message to MS.
    All the incoming and outgoing settings have been verified and still have the same problem.
    HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Hi there, Boogerman5, see if this link helps you. It is an Outlook Express repair kit, and a good one to keep in your favorites, as it has a lot of info, and even detailed descriptions... Also, error messages are explained in this link.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/community/columns/oerepair.mspx

I also have OE6, so maybe this will help you :
    Click on Tools > Accounts > select e-mail client and click properties
    On the Servers, Connection, and Advanced tabs, check the settings against those given to you by your Internet service provider (ISP).

If your settings match the ISP information, contact your ISP to verify that you have the correct information and that the ISP servers are operating correctly.

Another thing, are you getting a "Time Out" message? Try this:
    Increase the length for server time-outs

On the Tools menu, click Accounts.
    Select the account, and then click Properties.
    On the Advanced tab, in the Server Timeouts area, move the slider to the right.

Hope this helps you. ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds