Cannot Uninstall Agnitum

Discussion in 'Software' started by mark59, Jul 26, 2012.

1. mark59

mark59 MajorGeek

I cannot uninstall Agnitum Outpost 7. I want to uninstall it because it will not open. After uninstalling it I intended to download it and install it anew.

My computer runs Windows 7 HP (x64) SP1.

I have Revo Uninstaller 1.9.4.0 but it doesn't list Agnitum Outpost 7 as an application I can uninstall.

My computer has CCleaner (v. 3.20.1750) and Agnitum Outpost 7 is listed there in Tools>Uninstall but when I attempt to use CCleaner to uninstall it I receive the following error message:

I have also tried uninstalling it with Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel but I get the same error message as the one quoted above.

Finally, I have tried to delete it by going to my C drive then to Program Files and deleting the folder: Agnitum. It says that I cannot delete it because I need Administrator rights. However, my user account on this PC is the administrator account. Therefore, I do not understand why it will not allow me to delete this folder.

How can I resolve this problem?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Give APPRemover a go and see if it can help as it does normally remove most AVs etc

Or try the Microsoft Uninstaller Cleanup Tool HERE look in the list for your AV and if there then uninstall.

Once if uninstalled by one of the above then run CCleaner and its Cleaner and Registry tools (run the registry one until not items are listed).

3. mark59

mark59 MajorGeek

Hi

Thank you for the advice.

This problem is giving me real headaches. I clicked on the link you provided for AppRemover. It was available for download from the author's site and from Majorgeeks. I tried downloading from both Majorgeeks options and on both attempts my anti-virus software (avast) reported that it contained a trojan horse. I was able to download it from the author's site.

When I ran AppRemover it did not find Outpost. Consequently, even when I was eventually able to get hold of AppRemover it could not help me.

I've downloaded Windows Installer Cleanup Utility. After checking it was free of malware I right clicked on its icon on my Desktop (which is where I downloaded it to), I selected Run as Administrator. It reported that it had set up successfully. However, I don't know if I've done something incorrectly but I cannot find the programme anywhere. How am I supposed to use it?

I've also done a little research. Within Outpost Suite is an exe file called clean.exe. Apparently, if you run this application Outpost uninstalls itself. I've checked to see if the application is there in my Outpost folder in Programs. It is there. However, this application only works if your computer is in safe mode. BUT, I cannot get my computer to run in safe mode. It's a 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium with Service Pack 1 PC. I restart the computer. No matter how much I press the F8 key it does not give me the range of start up options that it should. It just restarts in normal mode.

I am getting really stuck with this now. To confound the issue I've come across another one: not starting in safe mode.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds