cannot uninstall combofix

Discussion in 'Software' started by Shazza1954, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Shazza1954

Shazza1954 Private E-2

Hi have been following instructions from the malware forum. I now need to uninstall Combofix, but having problems. Have acted upon instruction from another thread where same problem encoountered, but still no success

First of all Combo definitely on my desktop named ComboFix.exe, but instructed text when entered in Run comes up with 'Windows cannot find 'combofix'. etc

As per instructions on another thread put cmd in run, then at prompt cd desktop, then at next prompt cf /u, next line said cf not recognised as a command

Any ideas please?

2. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

Try replacing cf with the whole name of the program.

3. Shazza1954

Shazza1954 Private E-2

That has worked, now you tell me that seems obvious and I fell a little silly. Just one thing. the person who helped me on the malware forum supplied instructions to run a log from Combofix before uninstalling it, is there any need to have this looked at? Thanks again.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  4. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

;)

No - TimW has finished his cleaning of your machine. You're "Good to go"!

* If you haven't done so, please follow through with the How to Protect yourself from malware! thread.

dr.m

5. Shazza1954

Shazza1954 Private E-2

Again, a huge thanks to all who have helped me, I really do think there is a difference, what I can say as I write is that the drive certainly seems to have calmed down and has stopped being constantly on the go so whatever was making it do that does seem to have stopped.

Hpefully it may start up faster and not keep opening the office software, I will have to monitor that.

I will now try not to let you down and keep on top of routine maintenance, however, if I do hit any more problems hope it will be OK if I come back.

Bye for now

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds