Cannot Uninstall PaperPort 11. Need help.Thks.

Discussion in 'Software' started by mongooseba, Jun 12, 2013.

1. mongooseba

mongooseba Corporal

Hi All,

My Paperport 11 does not function. It showed a Runtime Error
    Program Files\Scansoft\Paperport\Paperport.exe.

I believe I need to reinstall the program, but I know there are a lot of residuals to do a total clean reinstall. I was advised first to remove the program via Control Panel/Uninstall Program/ScanSoft Paperport 11 to remove. The uninstaller program ceased to work half way with the following error - PaperPort Links Server (Process id: 2120). What should I do. I have restarted the computer but the same problem occurred.

Should I Ignore the message? Should I use another uninstall program?
    Thanks.

Mongooseba :cry

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

3. mongooseba

mongooseba Corporal

Ho Plodr,

Thanks for the website. I have read it and it is the first part that cannot be executed. The "Add/Remove" program within Windows 7 does not work. What should I do? Get another utility or proceed with step 2.

Thanks.

Mongooseba

4. plodr

Download and run the removal tool.

5. mongooseba

mongooseba Corporal

Hi Plodr,

I will skip the Add/Remove portion of the instructions and proceed with step two with the removal tool. Will reply once this is complete.
    Thanks.

Mongooseba

6. mongooseba

mongooseba Corporal

Hi Plodr,

Followed the directions on the website.

Placed the "Remover" folder on C: and ran the program. I also tried to reinstall the Paperport but the original disk would indicate that the PaperPort is still installed. This is not surprising especially when the "Add/Remove" program still indicates the Paperport is still present. I have removed all the remants off the C:programs/ScanSoft/Paperport folder.

I believe I need to get to the registry to fix the problem. Any thoughts on this is most appreciated.

Mongooseba

7. mongooseba

mongooseba Corporal

Hi Plodr,

Error 1722. Windows installer package ... appears when I try to remove the PaperPort 11 with "Add/Remove" under Windows 7.
    Should I use a third party uninstaller?
    Thanks.
    Mongooseba

8. plodr

9. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

Hi my friend , you can look at this post

http://www.how-to-uninstall-program...removal-paperport-11-windows-uninstaller.html

especially in that tip

Go to registry editor to get rid of the related registry keys and values:

Start - Run Regedit - OK

(HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\)

(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\PaperPort 11)

(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\eg ui)

C:\Program Files\PaperPort 11

(C:\Document and Settings\All Users\Application Data\)

(C:\Documents and Settings\%USER%\Application Data\PaperPort 11)
    - See more at: http://www.how-to-uninstall-program...windows-uninstaller.html#sthash.tjLIMuAw.dpuf :wave

10. mongooseba

mongooseba Corporal

Hi Falconattack and Plodr,

Start - Run Regedit - OK

(HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\) - done

(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\PaperPort 11) - done

(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\eg ui) - not present

C:\Program Files\PaperPort 11 - done

** In Windows 7
    C:\ProgramData\ScanSoft - deleted

** I could not access these folders in Win 7 - they do not exist
    (C:\Document and Settings\All Users\Application Data\)

(C:\Documents and Settings\%USER%\Application Data\PaperPort 11)

I scanned the C:\ drive and noticed that there are some Temp\ScanSoft under C:|users\???\AppData\local\Temp\scansoft
    but I am not able to access these. Should I remove these or use the Revo Uninstaller. I have also restarted the computer after removing the registry items.

Looking for answers. I am still not able to remove the program off from the Add/Remove app and the ScanSoft disk showed that the paperport is still installed.

Thanks.

Mongooseba

11. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

12. mongooseba

mongooseba Corporal

Hi Falconattack,

Thanks for the input. Looked at the files and did delete some but could not get the "Add/Remove" program to work. However, searched again and found a utility from the company that specifically removed the PaperPort 11. It worked!

Will re-install with a newer Paperport 11 versiion 2 to make it more compatible working with Win 7. I will know in a couple of weeks when the new disk comes in.

Thanks for every one's help.

Sincerely,
    Mongooseba:drool

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds