cannot unprotect ZIP 100 in XP

Discussion in 'Software' started by gordon wellman, Feb 14, 2006.

1. gordon wellman

gordon wellman Private E-2

My ZIP 100 P2 was originally installed on a 486 98SE machine and worked there for many years.

I moved the drive to my XP machine and continued successfully reading, writing, and RW protecting my data.

I recently moved to a new location, and when I set up my machine I did some housecleaning by getting rid of some old unused software. At the same time I went to the Iomega site and downloaded the latest XP drivers and Iomegaware.

My unprotected disks are totally readable, but none of the RW protected disks are recognised. Attempts to access them through My Computer (which shows Drive G: to be a removable drive) results in the Task Manager hanging. Therefore the Iomegaware option to password unlock the drive never appears.

Iomega does not support the Z100 P2 anylonger, except by the $25 phone call. I have $25 but I don't want to pay someone in India to read FAQ's to me without trying to understand my problem.

Where can I try to seek resolution away from Iomega?

2. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

3. gordon wellman

gordon wellman Private E-2

4. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Your welcome. :)

Steve

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds