cannot updat windows

Discussion in 'Software' started by Fivr, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Fivr

Fivr Private E-2

Hello,

About a week ago i noticed that the windows update didn't work (i don't know for how long this already was). It said that the serurity centre wasn't turned on. When i tried to turn it on, i got a error (don't now what anymore, but when i looked at services, the was no item serurity centre). I surfed the internet and tried various things. One of the things was "combofix". Combfix found a virus called Rootkit.ZeroAccess. Combofix maked the repairs. after that i could turn on serurity center, but when i tried to update windows i got the error 80096001. I tried various thing i found on the internet (fixit's from microsoft, different scans), bur with no result.
    I use avira internet serurity. There is a problem to that accurred yesterday; only the realtime scanner is active, but not the mail and web protection.
    When i look at the action-centre i says that windows defender is not active and i said that i don't have a virus program.
    I did everything from the tread "Vista and Win 7 Malware Removal/Cleaning Procedure".

In the Malware forum a got some advise (fix.zip How do I reset Windows Update components? Use the MS Fix it Tool., Windows Repair Tool, How to Run a Startup Repair in Windows 7), but non of it did word. They said that i had to pleace thit tread in this forum.

I hope you can help me. I'm close to the point to back-up the most importent files, format the pc and install windows again, but i hope did isn't nessecarry.

Kind regard,
    Fiona

2. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

3. Fivr

Fivr Private E-2

Kestrel, thx for the help

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds