Cannot Upload Large File

Discussion in 'Software' started by evolutionarytragedy, May 14, 2008.

1. evolutionarytragedy

evolutionarytragedy Private E-2

Hi everyone,
    Thought id come to the experts on something that is really bugging me. My friend recently preformed in a play that was captured via camcorder. The person who taped the play burned all the actors a DVD of their performance. My friend wants to put this play on some online video server so that his online freinds can watch it as well. So... i ripped this play from the DVD using DVD decryptor and got a .vob file which i then converted to .mp4 for his ipod video using videora ipod converter. This is now a pretty large file (500-600 mb) and 2 hr in length. Now, i know that youtube has a size and length limit that is to small for my large and long file. So i checked Google video...its still in beta and i couldn't find any limits for size and length limiting their desktop uploader, so i downloaded and installed that.

Ive tried numerous times to upload this file to my google account via this uploader successfully. But everytime i go in and edit the title ect... before it is processed by google, it always comes out of processing with a status of "failed". The uploader says that it accepts .mp4 vid files, and i see other large files on google videos like mine. Any suggestions???:confused

2. plabs

plabs Private E-2

Well you can always seperate it into parts using Windows Movie Maker and uploading it part by part. Youtube only allows 10 minutes and 1 GB file size I think google is the same (don't they own youtube?)

3. dyamond

dyamond Imelda Marcos of Majorgeeks

You can always try Veoh. There is no limitation on the size of files, I've seen some as long 2+ hrs on there. You will probably have to download their Veoh player to upload videos larger than 100 mb and the content must be strictly homemade (which you said it was) or they will remove it in a heartbeat.

Here is some FAQ if you wanna look it over.

Good luck.

4. evolutionarytragedy

thanks, ill check out that veoh thing. But i kinda wanted it to be on one of the more popular video servers. the movie maker thing is a good idea, but the vid is two hours long, so not worth it to split it up into 20 dif parts... >.< I think you right about google owning youtube, but i just didn't see any limits for length on that uploader. I'm thinking i could be the file type. anyone know any good video converters?

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

6. evolutionarytragedy

well that goes back to the original problem. I can't get google video to work.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds