cannot upload video or large files

Discussion in 'Software' started by agsvs88, Jan 3, 2011.

1. agsvs88

agsvs88 Private E-2

this was previously posted at this link:

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=1577682&posted=1#post1577682

i use several antivirus software as well as Norton Security Suite
    my laptop works in all aspects except for one:

i cannot upload video files via ftp, to vid sharing sites like youtube, to storage sites like aws.amazon.com etc. i might get lucky and get a 70-80 mb vid file to youtube uploaded but most of the time the files will get 60-70% uploaded and crash.

i should include that i also cannot ftp/upload large files (any) 500+ zipped as well.

UPDATE

have since run the MajorGeek "Malware Removal Guide" procedure and pc
    is entirely clean of malware/viruses.

tim told me to post here to get some feedback? i have also contacted my service provider Comcast to see if might have any answers. (hardware related etc.)

alx:cry

2. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

Hello,
    Have you tried uploading files with a ftp client that will let you resume downloads and uploads like Filezilla?

Among others, the features of FileZilla include the following:

3. agsvs88

agsvs88 Private E-2

hi,

i use cuteFTP which has that capability. however my uploads crash when uploading to vid sites as well, so i'm assuming this particular problem relates to all uploading avenues, not only ftp. e.g. uploading to vimeo, to youtube, to online storage sites, etc.

4. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

You say you are using several antivirus software including Norton. Are you running their real-time shields together or just using them as on-demand and Norton with the real-time protection. Not a good idea to run more than one anti-virus real-time protection.

5. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

Hmm, I see from your other post that the machine in question is a laptop, are you connected wireleesly?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds