Canon 1240U Scanner help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dmd31842, Jun 23, 2006.

1. dmd31842

dmd31842 Corporal

I have XP Home. It crashed and I formated my hard drive. Everything is re-installed and working fine but I cannot seem to get my scanner to work. It says I installed the driver and it is working properly but I cannot find the scanner anywhere and nothing seems to work. Any thoughts? Thanks:confused:

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Did you check Canon for an updated driver? Did you update your motherboard drivers? If it is USB 2, that may be needed.

3. dmd31842

dmd31842 Corporal

Suposeedly I have the updated driver.

4. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

Is it listed in Scanners and Cameras in Control Panel? (with the scanner powered on)

Is it listed in Device Manager? (Start, run and type in devmgmt.msc)

5. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Re-installed software with it plugged in or not?

6. dmd31842

dmd31842 Corporal

It IS listed in Device Manager and also in control panel (both say it is working properly). I think I installed the software with the scanner plugged in.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds