Canon dig camera

Discussion in 'Software' started by Keyser Soze, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Corporal

ive owned a few in my lifetime and they all tend to have the same issue, they take too long to take a picture after u press the button,

u press it and a little light goes "flash, flash" then it takes the pic, i want it to take a pic like a 33mm camera does, i press the button and it instantly takes it

im using a canon powershot A630

2. domain

domain Private E-2

I think you should try Canon Digital IXUS 80 IS Camera it is best digital camera.

3. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Hey Kesor, if the flashing light is from the camera's flash, try turning off the red eye feature. Should speed up the camera, but you may have more 'devil eyes' with people. :)

4. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Red eye is a waste of time anyway - everyone still turns out with demon eyes. Just turn it off.

5. NaughtySecret

NaughtySecret Private E-2

I use a Canon Rebel XTI and I have had no problems.

6. vulture1957

vulture1957 Private E-2

You could alays go to a digital SLR. That's what I did. Canon XTI. Just as fast as a 35mm, but takes digital. interchangeable lenses. But I still havea digital point& shoot. The SLR is too big to carry around everywhere.

7. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Corporal

u know, thats an idea i think ill do that as soon as u give me next weeks lotto numbers ;p

8. cabbiinc

cabbiinc Staff Sergeant

3 things could be coming into play here.

1) redeye as mentioned earlier. Turn it off. In fact the flash on just about any P&S is usually lacking severly.

2) AF assist. I don't own that camera but I have seen the flash used as an AF assist. If you can turn AF assist off you will be done with the redeye like prelfash (note, you will still have a preflash but it will be nearly instantanious to your actual capture).

3) shutter lag. Sorry to say but there isn't much you can do with a P&S to eliminate shutter lag.

There are a few things that will help.

More light. Little cameras like this just require more light to focus. If you lens is hunting a lot turn on some lights. Try to use the flash for your main light as little as possible. It's only good for 8-16 feet depending on your ISO.

Try to choose a high contrast target in the center of your shot. Cameras don't see in 3D, they see contrast. If you have a black line in the center of a white field and you try to focus on that your cam will have a much better time than if you try to focus on something that is all one color (any two colors will do, doesn't need to be black or white. Blue and yellow, green and brown, etc....). Even a place with light and shadow will help if its all the same color.

Try not to be too close if you can help it. 4 feet plus should be what your aiming for (not always easy to achieve but your aiming for it).

But in the end it's still a Point & Shoot.

There is a hack for Canon P&S cams, but I have not tried it out and it definitely voids the warranty. http://lifehacker.com/387380/turn-your-point and shoot-into-a-super camera I must point out to you that the "faster shutter speeds" is the speed of the shutter, not the shutter lag which I believe can not be tweaked ever. If you do this your on your own, I take no responsibility nor do I even recommend it. But hey if you weren't into tweaking stuff you probably would have never found MG right?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds