Can't access a web site - a purely innocent website - help!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by slb, Jan 11, 2008.

1. slb

slb Private E-2

My son is trying to do an on-line certification for his job. We cannot access it from our home computer. Every other computer he tries works for this web site, but of course it would be simpler to just do it at home. The only difference I can come up with is that I recently paid for and downloaded Norton 360 onto my computer. However, disabling all the security features in the Norton programme still doesn't allow us to access this web site. Just so you know, it's purely legitimate - M&M Meat Shops, to be exact. Anyway, any suggestion as to how we can get on this site? We can do the sign in, and then anything else we try sends us to the sign in page again. SOOOOOO frustrating!! I have tried contacting Norton, who can't seem to figure it out, and my ISP, who says it's not anything on their end.

2. FamCortez1

FamCortez1 Private E-2

try giving the site access to your cookies. I completely blocked all cookies on my machine and when i try to log in to some websites the first time it wont let me until i allow the cookie.

You can do that by going to internet options on your internet explorer. Click on the privacy tab, then on the sites button. Type in the website you are trying to reach then click the add button. That should work, if not then good luck buddy.

p.s. if you want to do it faster ad not have to go through all the options menus and stuff, you can double click the little eye with a red circle next to it at the bottom of internet explorer. A menu pops up listing recently visited websites. Right click on the website and a menu will pop up which lets you choose to allow cookies from that site.

3. slb

slb Private E-2

I just tried your suggestion - no go. I don't know what it is. He tried at school today, where the security settings on the computer are very high, and it worked there. Grrrr.....

I guess he just won't be able to do it at home. That's an inconvenience, for sure.

4. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

Have you tried clearing out all your temp files in your browser?
    Adding the site to your trusted list?

5. slb

slb Private E-2

I just tried those things, thanks - nothing. It's the strangest thing....nothing I do seems to allow me on this site. SO frustrating.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds