Can't access because of Zone Alarm

Discussion in 'Software' started by Sailor, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Sailor

Sailor First Sergeant

When my Norton Anti-virus expired I decided to use a combination of free products. So I installed the following freeware: Spybot S&D, Ad-aware Se, AVG anti-virus, AVG anti-spyware, Avast! and Spyware Terminator. I know they seem a little too much but no problems occured while using them. Untill I noticed that I had no firewall (I don't consider the Windows built-in to be a firewall) and I installed Zone Alarm Free.
    When I tried to connect to the internet I got an error that my username or password was not right. On the second attempt it would connect but I was unable to load any page. I reinstalled the modem drivers, still the same. Then I thought to uninstall the firewall and everything came back to normal.
    The question is which one of the foresaid anti-malwares I have to uninstall to be able to use a firewall:confused:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2006
  2. BCGray

BCGray Guest

Surprised you didn't run into problems before sailor, cardinal rule one anti-Virus and one Firewall, you have two anti-Virus's running, that been said ZA Just compounded the problem by seeing the two attempt intercept nasties, Suggest you drop one Anti-Virus then reinstall ZA or another Firewall other than Windows. I would also use CCleaner "Issues Tab" to clean the registry of any clutter left behind by Uninstall CCleaner is available here at MG http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4191.html Hope that helps

3. Sailor

Sailor First Sergeant

Ok, I am gonna uninstall avast!. No good reason, just the inerface that sucks sshot-1.png
    Could the Spybot S&D resident (aka Tea Timer) be resposible?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds