Can't Burn Disc Slow Enough

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AirBot, Dec 1, 2004.

1. AirBot

AirBot Private E-2

I need to burn a CD-R at 4x speed. The problem is that both Nero and Alcohol 120% only allow me to go as low as 8x. How can I burn this image at 4x instead of the minimum 8x my CD burning software allows me?

My CD-R is an LG GCE-8520B.

2. InYearsToCome

InYearsToCome MajorGeek

if you dont mind me asking...why do you have to burn it at 4x?

3. AirBot

AirBot Private E-2

Long story short: bloody CD copy-protection. They don't very well make it easy for you to make your legal backup copy, do they?

Now if you don't mind me asking: can you help me, or did you just want to know if I mind you asking?

4. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

Roxio can burn at 4X.
    I believe DeepBurner free here at MG can also burn at 4X

5. AirBot

AirBot Private E-2

Yes, but I specifically need the features Alcohol 120% offers.
    Besides, I know it's supposed to be able to do this, so I want to fix the bloody thing - even if I don't often need to burn discs at that speed.

6. Triaxx2

Triaxx2 MajorGeek

What features do you need? It's possible some others also offer them.

7. acejones

acejones A Different Title

try copying the contents of the disk to a folder on your desktop, then burn those contents to the disk. i did this to make backups of a couple of games and it worked just fine.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds