can't connct to internet with hubor straight connect

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by firestorm254, Apr 9, 2008.

1. firestorm254

firestorm254 Private E-2

i am unable to connect to the internet with my windows xp sp2 desktop. I am using an ethernet card. it says limited to no connectivity. i have tried repair and also tried connecting it straight to the modem. neither work.

2. obener

obener Private E-2

since when did this happen? could you access the internet before?

3. firestorm254

firestorm254 Private E-2

I could not connect before. tried changing ethernet cards last night to no avail

4. obener

obener Private E-2

is this a new internet connection to the house? what type of modem do you have?

5. firestorm254

firestorm254 Private E-2

No it is not a new connection to the house, the pc is new though. I have an ethernet card linksys realtek or something like that also have a d-link somewhere. the internet is satellite.

6. firestorm254

firestorm254 Private E-2

ok i can get thwem to connect to the internet, but can't get them to connect at the same time on;y one or the other but not both.i am using a hub

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds