Can't connect in normal mode, only Safe Mode with Networking

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by aphillips, Mar 28, 2009.

1. aphillips

aphillips Private E-2

I wasn't sure what forum to go to but hopefully I'm in the right one. My computer is having a few various problems. First off, in normal mode my internet notifies me that it's on and I can see info sent/received in the properties HOWEVER when I use IE, Firefox, or Opera, none of these browsers will open a page.

While in Safe Mode with Networking (as I am now), the internet works fine.

I wanted to run Windows Update while I'm on here to see what that might fix (I think I'm missing some files, and I need to get SP3), but I get an error when I try to run it, is it not possible to run Windows Update while in Safe Mode?

My other concern, is RPC. Task Manager shows me that svchost.exe NETWORK SERVICES is robbing me of 95-99% of my memory, I figured out that it was related to RPC - so I went to computer management then services to turn it off but then my net wasnt working, and when I restarted my computer RPC automatically started, and cannot be stopped/disabled.

Any/all help or information is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!
    -Amber

PS - I have run virus/malware programs and they dont seem to be fixing anything.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds