Can't Connect to Secondary Monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Argus16, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Argus16

Argus16 Private E-2

The screen to my Dell Inspiron 5100 (XP) has been busted (crushed) for a couple of years. I've had it hooked up to a magnavox tv/monitor but when I recently moved (before disconnecting I put the computer on hibernate) and tried to connect them the video won't transfer. I've tried rebooting the computer (I can hear it startup and shutdown) and pressing fn f8 (the "no video input" message on the screen blinks whenever I do this which seems to indicate there is some sort of connection). I also tried connecting an to old dell monitor but it immediately goes to and stays in standby when I plug it into the computer. I've also tried to start the computer in safe mode (by hitting fn f8 at startup) but that hasn't work. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. This setup worked for 2 years and after 20 minutes safely in my car it's not connecting.

2. buggabear

buggabear MajorGeek

Have you made sure the card is snugly in place?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds