Can't Connect to WPA-PSK Network w/Windows Machine

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Spaceboy88, Jun 17, 2006.

1. Spaceboy88

Spaceboy88 Private E-2

Hi. I have a Belkin Wireless-G router. I was running 128 KB WEP protection on it and was able to connect to the internet with my Compaq laptop (Running Windows XP SP2) no problem. After reading some articles this week on WPA being a much better security method, I switched my router over to that method.

My iBook G4 was able to connect no problem, but not I can't connect with my Windows machine. Every time I try to connect I get a message that "Windows is unable to connect to the selected network. The network may no longer be in range. Please refresh the list of available networks and try to connect again."

If I try to do a manual setup, I only see an option for a WEP key, nothing for WPA.

How do I get my Windows machine back online? Please help!

-Tim

2. Spaceboy88

Spaceboy88 Private E-2

Solved it. Turns out that I was running an outdated driver that didnt' support WAP. All fixed now.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds