Can't connect using router,, but will work in safe mode with networking

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wizeguy34, Feb 12, 2009.

1. wizeguy34

wizeguy34 Private E-2

alright,,I'm no computer expert but,,, my laptop will not connect to my router in normal mode but it will in safe mode with networking.. Also I can use my cell phone as a modem and tether it to my laptop and it will say connected but it will not open my homepage..It just says internet explorer could not find page.. OK,,yes I still use internet explorer.. lol Any help will be greatly appreciated.. I ran the free edition of malwarebytes antimalware but it did not correct the problem.. HELP!!! lol

2. Arvald

Arvald Private E-2

ok try clearing the startup environment(heres how to do so http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353) and boot normally, if you are able to see your homepage then it means a program is blocking it and you will have to go through each individual process and start it up until you find which one is causing it.

let me know if that fixes the problem and feel free to im me at if you need any more help

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2009

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds