can't copy pics

Discussion in 'Software' started by Dormie, Jul 13, 2005.

1. Dormie

Dormie Private E-2

i didn't know where to ask this

on a website
    pics are posted
    but they're restricted from anyone coping them

is there a way around this to copy these pics on to a disc
    you can on view them currently

thanks

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

If someone has gone to the trouble of making them non-copyable then its most likely breaching their copyright to try and copy them... yes their is a possible way or two.. but I wont go into it for legal and moral sake sorry!

3. Anon-068c403e2d

Anon-068c403e2d Anonymized

What happens when you rightclick it?What options do you get?Maybe it is a flash or some other embeded format?I have yet to see a technology where pictures on a website cannot be saved.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

yes they can be saved BUT the owner has gone to some trouble to keep them from being saved?

If you were an artist for arguments sake would you want people stealing your work if you didnt want it to be copied/saved etc ?

5. Dormie

Dormie Private E-2

thanks

for everyones' comments/concerns/feedback

all the best

6. Anon-068c403e2d

Anon-068c403e2d Anonymized

Could you just say which site this is?Just to see how they do it.If they do it.

7. Brandon

Brandon controlmind

Have you tried dragging your mouse over the picture and pressing "ctrl + c" to copy it then "ctrl + v" to paste it?

controlmind

Last edited: Jul 14, 2005

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds