Can't create new restore points in Win7

Discussion in 'Software' started by Norgates, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Norgates

Norgates Corporal

Never had this problem before. There's no available option in my Win 7 to create a new restore point. I read that the Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Service (?) and the Volume Shadow Copy have to be set to Manual, but I checked both of them and they are set to manual. I have the available space set to over 10 GB and at the moment there are only 2 restore points, which is so strange after the much larger number that were offered in XP.

I used to be able to create restore points in Win7 and also use existing ones. Now the option to use existing restore points is still there, but not to create them. I don't have the option if I go to Windows Start Button > Properties to click on Computer Protection. I read that is one way to get to the option to create restore points but that path doesn't seem to exist anymore.

2. Norgates

Norgates Corporal

I found it a different way. I clicked on the Start button and simply wrote System Protection into the box and one of the options was to create a restore point. That took me to the same menu I've been looking at, but now all the tabs including the System Protection tab with the Create a restore point button was there. Don't know why I couldn't get to it through properties.

Tried to Create a new restore point and it worked, so sorry and hope this helps someone with the same problem. I see it described a lot in google searches.

3. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

4. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

Good work buddy, I guess you can just disregard my post. :wave

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds