Can't d/load DirectX 9.0c

Discussion in 'Software' started by MicroBitchinSoft, Feb 6, 2005.

1. MicroBitchinSoft

MicroBitchinSoft Private E-2

I get through the whole d/load, and at the end, I get an error message that reads: contains a "suspicious" file and d/load cannot be completed. Then at the window in the install wizard, it says the d/load was incomplete. I turned off my pop-up blocker, and tried to d/load again with the same results. I cannot determine what is deeming a file "suspicious" ..? HELP!! The game, "Sims 2" is telling me I have to have this version of Direct X 9.0 (c). I checked, and I have 9.0 (b). Sims 2 will not install without this. Help us... this is my 11 yr. old's Birthday present and she can't play it! Thanks!

2. MicroBitchinSoft

Update: The actual message I get is as follows: "A cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted" This is in a window with "DirectX Setup" at the top, and a red circle with a white "X" next to the message, with an "OK" button on it.

Thanks!

3. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Not sure what JRE has to do with directx at all, but the problem sounds like an isue with digital signing and certificates.

Try this:

start,run regsvr32.exe initpki.dll , then click ok.

It should succeed, then run the setup again.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

I think you mean ActiveX??

5. MicroBitchinSoft

typing in the command in the "Run" window worked! Thanks! However, after I d/loading the directx c, the SIMS disc #4 wouldn't complete installation... I'm taking it back to the store! Thanks for the fix, though, it did work!

6. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Glad it worked out :)

7. MicroBitchinSoft

Adren..
    Wondered if you had a fix for pop ups that won't go away. I've used SpyBot, Microsoft Antispyware, McAfee. Still getting popups .. short of re-installing my Windows, is there any fix that will actually get rid of them?

8. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Not my area of expertise. Post in the spyware forum, and those guys will get you back in shape :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds