cant delet incomplete files???

Discussion in 'Software' started by slayer1970, Oct 22, 2006.

1. slayer1970

slayer1970 Private E-2

i was downloading some music files from a p2p client and i have 3 files that dont work but the main problem is they cannot be deleted? when i try to open my file options the only options i have for these files are to play them(whitch they wont) and they cannot be moved or deleted there has to be a way for me to get rid of them CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS?iw ould delete the folder but it has over 1000 songs in it and my music player will not be able to find them if i do that and i would die!there is over 2 years of music in it but i dont want to have bad files in it either PLESE HELP?:mad:

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Options to delete this errant file/s are,

1. Pocket Killbox
    2. MoveOnBoot this one, once you dragNdrop the file or browse for its location, deletes the file on reboot, so any applications that have locked the file are not running so cannot lock it before deletion.. my fav!
    3. Unlocker

4. Boot into safe mode and then try deleting the files.

3. slayer1970

slayer1970 Private E-2

thank you

4. slayer1970

slayer1970 Private E-2

that worked real well on one file but have 2 left that it say the file path is incorrect got any ideas how to get rid of those 2?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds