Can't download files - Main User Profile

Discussion in 'Software' started by cluelessonhorseback, Jul 3, 2012.

1. cluelessonhorseback

cluelessonhorseback Private E-2

I cannot download files with my main user admin profile. The files appear in the download file list until they are done downloading and then they disappear. I created a new user profile and can download files just fine. I have completed all the Malware cleaning procedures and have been referred to this forum for assistance. What is the best way to fix my user profile so that I can download files and not loose all my customization? Thank you in advance.

2. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Have you searched for the downloads. Perhaps they have downloaded but are dropped in an unexpected location - it happens.
    Download one item and write the name down. After it disappears, do a search for it; it just might be on the computer.

4. cluelessonhorseback

This is not the problem. But thanks for the suggestion. I will try what tgell suggests.

5. cluelessonhorseback

The new profile would download files until I copied over the AppData files from the old profile. Now I have two user profiles that will not download. I copied the AppData file and so there is something in that file that is making the download not happen. I guess I will try a few more virus checkers. Any other ideas?

6. cluelessonhorseback

In searching further, I found an article about Firefox Extensions and removing any suspicious ones. I deleted all but a few that I knew well and now I can download!!!

7. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

Nice work. Glad you got it sorted out. Thanks for the feedback. It may help other people who have the same issue.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds