Can't Download Flash Player

Discussion in 'Software' started by Tiggerdnepr, Jul 5, 2006.

1. Tiggerdnepr

Tiggerdnepr Private E-2

I use WIN XP pro.
    AVG anti virus.
    Zone Alarm firewall.

I have tried several times to down load Flash Player from the Adobe site without success. All that comes up is a large rectangle where the animation should be with a small box inside it with a small triangle, square and circle in it. I have tried turning off Popup Stopper but this made no difference. The Adobe site mentions a "Gold Bar" that may come up to allow Active X. But this does not appear.
    Any suggestions please? Or is there another program that I can download instead of Flash Player that will replace it?
    No problem downloading other programs.
    Thanks for any suggestion.

2. Tiggerdnepr

Tiggerdnepr Private E-2

In addition to above. I have run the Flash Player removal tool and CCleaner. Tried downloading Flash Player again without success.

3. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

4. theefool

theefool Geekified

5. Tiggerdnepr

Tiggerdnepr Private E-2

I was trying to download from the Adobe site. Have now tried the MajorGeeks one above. It downloaded okay, but came up with a message that it could not find the Browser plug in. I know nothing about this!! Any help/suggestions welcome please? I did click on continue, but Flash Player still did not work. Tried some sites with Flash content, but just came up with box as above.

6. infoseeker

infoseeker Master Sergeant

try to locate the folder of the "plug in"
    some thing like this, (then paste it there if possible)

C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS

7. Tiggerdnepr

Tiggerdnepr Private E-2

Thanks for the suggestion. Tried it, but it still did not install. Same result as above. Incidentley I found the directory you gave by using the "find" system on the computer. So I don't know why it would not install in the first place?

8. bobst101

bobst101 Private E-2

I've only come across this problem at work. Our IT Tech blocked certain sites and programs on certain terminals. ie. I can't play online games at work. LOL
    If its your home comp, maybe there is a co-relation if you have a network installed. Maybe this helps

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds