Can't erase folder !!!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Clark_Kent, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Clark_Kent

Clark_Kent MajorGeek

I have downloaded a demo and the program create a folder call C:\Downloads and after the download is finish i move the demo elsewhere and when trying to delete the folder i have receive the message can't delete folder is use by anothers person or program.

So i have try in command dos and does not work.....

Windows XP Pro XP1a

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Get your self MoveOnBoot ( DL at bottom of page )

3. Mushroomcloud

Mushroomcloud Private E-2

Something within the folder could be running in the background. Have you set up to show hidden files? Download and run spybot. Spybot can also disable programs that run on auto pilot. Booting up in safe mode disables a lot of auto pilot programs, have you tried to delete it from there?

Give details of the program, it might help some of the others help you bit better.

4. sosaman

sosaman Sergeant Major

have you tried booting to safe mode and deleting from there? - sos

5. theefool

theefool Geekified

Sometimes a simple reboot fixes certain issues.

If, for example you installed the program, then tried to delete the folder, the installer may still be running. A simple reboot, then delete the folder may help....

6. Brandon

Brandon controlmind

You can use task manager to close the program? If not then try rebooting like theefool suggested.

controlmind

7. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4429 It's called WhoLockMe. It adds a right click menu option that tells what is preventing you from moving, deleting, etc. a file, and gives an option to kill the process.

8. Clark_Kent

Clark_Kent MajorGeek

Problem fix i reboot in safe mode and deleted the folder.....

Thank you for everybody help and i will try WhoLockMe For the next time...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds