Can't Get Passed MBAM in R&RM

Discussion in 'Software' started by bigtrucks, Apr 8, 2009.

1. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

:tas OK I seem to be right back were I was before I formatted this machine.I was trying to make sure everything was running right and started on the READ AND RUN....as with the last time I could get no further than Malwarebytes. Did install 3 times from MG and MBAM renamed it and yet I still get a error message about a line with different numbers every time it tries to run. Once in a while I would get a virtual memory low window.I realize there is only 128 MB but there's got to be some way of getting around this so I can complete this. Advice /suggestions are needed here. Thanks:banghead

2. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

I just thought about the Firewall I put in ,could it possibly be causing mbam not to run properly ? I've read in other post that a firewall can cause interference with other programs trying to do their job. Just a thought:confused
    ( I am in the malware forum and still waiting for someone to look)

3. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

:hyper :dancer :celebrate
    I FOUND THE SOLUTION! WOOHOO!:celebrate Because of the lack of ram on this pc AVAST was consuming too much causing MBAM not to have enough to run.So I uninstalled Avast and when Mbam finishes then I'll get on line and install AVGfree(30MB requirement)and finish the R&RMF thread.:-D They say there's more than one way to skin a cat and I just did:p

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds