can't get rid of grub

Discussion in 'Software' started by Recker, Jun 5, 2005.

1. Recker

Recker Private E-2

Ok, I decided that I didn't have enough time to mess with Linux, so I deleted the partitions. I rebooted and Grub game up and I can't get rid of it. I know that I have to fix my master boot record, but I don't have a msdos disc or the original windows xp disc, because i have a restore disc. Does anyone know where I can get a program to clear my master boot record. I used to have a disc that let me do this, but for some reason it wont load. Please help. I need windows back.

2. Recker

Recker Private E-2

Nevermind, I figured it out without deleting the master boot record. All I had to do at the GRUD prompt, was type root (hd0,0), then chainloader +1, then boot, and bam Windows Loaded.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds