Can't import time/date stamp

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Old Salt, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Old Salt

Old Salt Private E-2

This problem is driving me mad.
    I am trying to get a video off of a Canon MiniDV tape camcorder and into Pinnacle studio or any other video editing software which will do the job.
    The big issue is how to bring along the original time/date info embedded on the original video. This is for a detective agency and for legal reasons they MUST have the original time and date viewing on the final video which is burned to a data CD as an mpeg.
    The machine they were using fried but it was working with a analog hookup to of an all in wonder x600 capture card on X home.
    This was six years ago that I set it up and it was a nightmare then and now I must do it again on Vista 32. I forgot if there was some trick.
    Pinnacle 7.4.3 installed but won’t recognize the camera hooked up just as it was.
    We can get it to download to pinnacle using 1394 but no time and date.
    Is there any other software which can interface without or with the capture card and bring along the original time/date info. Not as a part of the file name but right in the video frames.
    I am not really savvy on video editing terminology so that is the best I can do and I will learn fast.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds