Can't Install Audio Driver!

Discussion in 'Software' started by crazylegs, Feb 9, 2007.

1. crazylegs

crazylegs Private E-2

Hi everyone. I’ve just reformatted/installed win 98 2E on an old rig and for the life of me, can’t install the audio drivers. The sound card is an ESS Solo-1 ES1938. I downloaded the drivers from the ESS site and followed their directions in the FAQ to install them. When I unzip the package and click on the Set UP icon, the drivers look like they are being installed. It says to reboot, then I get a box that says it found the Solo-1 sound card and it asks to install the win 98 cd so I do that. Well, what happens is that I get dialog that says it can’t find the needed files. Here’s the list:
    ksclockf.ax
    ksdata.ax
    ksinterk.ax
    ksproxy.ax
    ksvpintf.ax
    How in the heck can I get this driver installed. I’ve been struggling with it for several hours, to no avail. Thanks.
    Crazylegs

2. anuramn

anuramn Private E-2

Hi,

You can find these drivers in Driver11.cab on the Windows 98 2E CD. Extract these files and install. You can also visit this Microsoft Website:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q188430/

To extract files, do the following:

1. Click Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools.
    2. Click System Information, and then click System File Checker on the Tools menu.
    3. Click Extract One File From Installation Disk. Specify the file you want to extract.
    4. Click Settings, choose the configuration you want to use in System File Checker Settings, click OK, and then click Start.

Perform the above-mentioned steps for each of the file that is missing.

3. crazylegs

crazylegs Private E-2

Thanks, Anuramn, I'll give it a shot.
    Crazylegs

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds