Can't Install Java - Error 25099

Discussion in 'Software' started by Cody_M, Aug 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cody_M

Cody_M Private E-2

I received a pop-up notice for Java Updates. I tried to follow-through with theinstall but got an error message 25099 "Unzipping Core Files Failed" Help- suggested uninstalling old versions so I uninstalled JRE5 using Revo - cleaned the registry rebooted and tried to install the newer Java - but I'm still getting Error 25099.

I need Java but have no idea of how to get it to install properly. Ideas Please! - Cody

2. Bugballou

Bugballou MajorGeek

3. Cody_M

Cody_M Private E-2

Yes I did follow those steps (tried both methods) but there is no " jqs.exe process" anywhere on my computer - so that didn't work - but thanks for the suggestion - Cody

4. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

5. Cody_M

Cody_M Private E-2

I followed the link you provided for JavaRa (thanks for that) but it is a zipped file which I have little knowledge of - it asks where I want it extracted to, but I have no idea. The program even suggested an existing Adobe folder but that didn't make sense to me - so it is not installed as yet. Can you advise me where it should go?
    Thanks
    Cody

6. Cody_M

Cody_M Private E-2

OK:
    I got JavaRa to work - cleared out every last thing - retried install - still 25099 error

Ran JavaRa again - downloaded & installed TugZip- checked every box

Downloaded & SAVED Java to My Downloads - used TugZip to tryto unzip & install but no success - still 25099 error

Could there be a setting on my computer that is preventing this? Or any other ideas? I'm stymied :banghead
    Thanks again - Cody

7. iwunderdownunder

iwunderdownunder First Sergeant

g.day Cody_M

open task manager in the process tab locate jqs.exe kill the process then try and install java again.lets us know how you get on

8. iwunderdownunder

iwunderdownunder First Sergeant

g'day Cody_M

sorry just noticed you have probably already tried my previous suggestion.another way to try is if you have uninstalled the java from you add and remove programs so there is no java on the computer.go to tour programs folder and delete the java folder that's in there,then run ccleaner and scan for issues using the registry scan be sure to keep the back ups when prompted.you may have to scan more than once.
    then try installing the program again.

9. Cody_M

Cody_M Private E-2

Thanks so very much.
    I had already done numbers 1 & 2 & 4 - but I guess I had missed #3.
    jqs.exe was nowhere on the computer but I went through all the steps and Java is now reinstalled. :celebrate
    Everyone's help is much appreciated
    Thanks - Cody

10. DACS4

DACS4 Private E-2

I too was also experiencing very similar issues and #3 was the one I missed. I just wanted to say that these steps were very helpful to me too. I was able to get Java successfully installed thanks to the above.

Thank you!!!:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds