Can't Load Bitdefender Total Security

Discussion in 'Software' started by siahusky4, Mar 20, 2016.

1. siahusky4

siahusky4 Private E-2

I had Kapersky and decided to go with bitdefender. I uninstalled the kapersky with their uninstall, and when I reboot the system bitdefender starts loading but it says that kapersky is still in the system. I contacted kapersky and with their help I thought it was go but bitdefender still says it can not install. Any help Please. I would hate to pay $40.00 for their tech do help after just paying for the bitdefender.

2. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

If it was my system I would do the following:

1. Use the official Kaspersky Rem0val Tool AGAIN
    (From here if you need to download it again: http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/kaspersky_products_remover.html
    2. When, and only when, it says it has completed, RESTART your system
    3. Now install and then run CCleaner Slim
    - run its 'Cleaner' and delete all found
    - then run its 'Registry' scanner and click to 'fix all issues' (accept a back up), and run it a second time. Making sure you save a reg back up each time it asks to a convenient location.
    Leave CCleaner in its default settings.
    Now restart your system and try to install BitDefender again.

Good luck
    -

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
  3. siahusky4

siahusky4 Private E-2

Max I did the removal then the ccleaner rebooted it and when the bitdefender started to load again this is what I got.

Attached Files:

4. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

I hope that you did what I suggested in the order that I suggested, and not in any other order:
    Run the Kaspersky Removal Tool until it states it has finished, and then restart your system, and only then used CCleaner in its cleaner and registry options separately, and then restart the system again before trying BitDefender. If you didn't do it in that exact order, then the same applies do it again.
    If you did that, in that exact order, then I can only suggest you try it one more time.
    As for that screenshot, it's impossible to read. When taking a screenshot of a specific window (and not the whole screen) you need to click alt + print screen (Prt Sc) then the shot is just of that message and it can be read.

5. siahusky4

siahusky4 Private E-2

ok will try one more time thanks

6. siahusky4

siahusky4 Private E-2

Forgot to tell you when I run the kapersky removal it says there is nothing there to remove

7. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Well, I suggest you run Kasperksy tool again, restart the system, run CCleaner > REGISTRY > Fix all issues and run as many times as needed until ZERO issues are found.
    If that doesn't work I suggest that unless you have actually PAID for it, I'd dump BitDefender and go with something else.

EDIT: Have a look in Program Files and PROGRAM DATA files and if you seen anything labelled Kaspersky, manually delete it. And 'C' > Users > 'your username' > appdata > local and if there is any Kasperksy there, delete it

8. siahusky4

siahusky4 Private E-2

That is the sad part I already paid for it.

9. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

If you purchased it online you have a legal right to an immediate refund within a set time period (could be 7 days or 14 days), and given the circumstances I imagine for goodwill customer service reasons they would refund you too.
    Take it as a learning experience that you do NOT need to pay for good security software. All free versions on Majorgeeks are excellent.

siahusky4 likes this.
  10. siahusky4

siahusky4 Private E-2

Thanks for your time

11. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Good luck with it and I hope you manage to resolve it one way or another.

12. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Go here https://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=67973
    which is a thread with people having trouble installing BitDefender who once had Kaspersky.
    See if the instructions in post #9 work to get it installed.

If not, sign up at the forum and add your problem to this thread. perhaps there is a free solution.

13. siahusky4

siahusky4 Private E-2

Update I finally got the total security going but I need to delete the free antivirus I can not uninstall it because it is in my down load file how can I delete this when it is in the down load file.

14. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeekolicious

if you only use windows go to Mycomputer or This PC. Then go to C:\Users\*Your account name*\downloads. Right click the file and select 'delete'.

siahusky4 likes this.
  15. siahusky4

siahusky4 Private E-2

thanks was not sure if it would mess anything up.

16. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeekolicious

If you've deleted everything else and know that you don't want to re-install then no problem. If you have other installers from programs you do use and like in your download folder - I often copy these installers to a thumb drive or external disk for in case I ever need to re-install or even take to another computer.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds