Cant load installer 3.1

Discussion in 'Software' started by score1958, Jun 24, 2007.

1. score1958

score1958 Private E-2

My machine was taken over by trojan this week. Finally got it clean with your help. Now several problems in windows and explorer are happening:

When trying to use windows update the activex will not load no matter if privacy is low and all active x settings are at enable and firewall is off (using norton corporate anti virus and windows firewall)

When trying to go to any site the activex does not work

When down loading from a site and the download page comes up and I select run it acts like it is downloading and then nothing happens. If I down load to a folder and then open many then run

When reinstalling windows components get an ox2 error (and no games load)

When trying to install windows installer 3.1 it goes part way and during inspecting it stops and gives an error of 1603

Other than these the computer is now running much faster and connecting to the internet faster. The installer 3.2 is needed to access the intranet smart card program

2. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

3. score1958

score1958 Private E-2

Thanks Dial a fix worked

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds