Can't load Vista RC1...

Discussion in 'Software' started by brksta, Oct 13, 2006.

1. brksta

brksta Corporal

Hi all,

New computer, new components, the works! (barebones, no OS, bios set to default).

Burned the vista RC1 ISO to DVD (slow speed), complete with key issued by MS.
    Bios 1st boot device configured for master DVD/CD drive on sec IDE!(automatically done by default bios detection)

Place the disc in this drive, save and exit BIOS, control +alt+del and restart!
    Getting this message;

"Reboot and Select proper boot device
    or insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key" ??????

Thought that i already did this?
    so i hit the spacebar key anyway and same mess. re-appears again

Is it the disc (Does RC1 ISO have boot feature?) or am i missing something simple? (i am blonde)

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!!!

AMD athlon 64 3000+ / 2x1g DDR400 / ATI Radeon 9250 128mb / IDE 320gig

Alwayz Brooke

2. theefool

theefool Geekified

Not sure about that Radeon 9250 (probably won't get the "Aero" effect).

Anyways.....

Did you burn the ISO directly to the DVD?

Or did you try one of the following tools/instructions?

http://iso.snoekonline.com/iso.htm

Yes, the ISO of RC1 does indeed have the boot options, if one were to properly burn the iso. :p

:)

3. brksta

brksta Corporal

Can't actually remember now, but i shall do it again using my nero burning ROM and follow the instructions on the link you gave me!

I will let you know how i go this time.

Thanks for the quick response theefool!

Alwayz Brooke.....

4. theefool

theefool Geekified

21 minutes was quick? :)

We, look forward to your reply, successful, or not. :)

5. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

If you had to hit alt/ctrl delete i dought if it saved, i dont ever remember having to hit that after saving, go back and be sure it saved. ed

6. brksta

brksta Corporal

Burnt the iso to disc correctly at 4X speed and reloaded.
    After entering product key and click next, i get this error message;

Windows can not open the required file D:/sources/install.wim. the file may be missing or corroupt. make sure all files required for installation are available and restart the installation. Error code 0x80070570

Alwayz Brooke

7. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

You'll need to re-burn the ISO to DVD again but dont use full 4x speed reduce it to 2x speed ( it will take longer ) as its a known issue if you burn at full DVD speeds you're likely to get that exact file "missing corrupt" error.

Cavet: doesnt happen for everyone as some can burn at full speeds, but Microsoft a whiles back added a note that it was better to burn the ISOs at slower speed, when many betatesters where having that error on install.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds