Can't Log in to Windows XP After Malware Removal

Discussion in 'Software' started by mike999, May 25, 2011.

1. mike999

mike999 Private E-2

Can anyone help?

My system became ifected with Internet Security 2011.

I ran Malwarebytes Anti Malware and found several trojans, viruses. I quarantined the infected files and the program told me to reboot to completely reomve them.

I get a new log on window and after putting in my username and password I get this message...

"The system could not log you on. Make sure your User name and domain are correct, then type your password again. Letters in passwords must be typed using the correct case"

I ran an OTL scan and I think my userinit.exe file was corrupted by this Internet Security 2011 and Malwarebytes removed it - and now I can't get into my system.

Here is my OTL log file (note userinit.exe - file not found) and a picture of the weird Windows XP log in screen I am getting is attatched

Thanks

Bob

Attached Files:

• mg.txt
      File size:
      39.6 KB
      Views:
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2011

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds